maj 31, 2010

Sylvia Day!



The big day had arrived and I seriously wasn't nervous AT ALL! Not even any butterflies in my stomach. For some reason I've just had such a calm about the whole thing ever since I prayed it through back in the beginning of May.


Me, not nervous!

The morning was spent explaining things to Esther and getting her excited about it, eating breakfast together and preparing the stuff we needed to bring.


“Mamma, can we go get Sylvia NOW?”


Here are our final moments as a family of 3! We are on our way to the adoption office to meet Sylvia.


Esther got to meet Sylvia first, and give her a present! They bonded.


Here she comes down the hall toward us, in the arms of her caretaker Stephanie!


This time I was the one who got to hold her first (Niklas got to hold Esther first two years ago)


Did I mention that her eyes stayed on Esther THE WHOLE TIME?!

Proud Pappa!


Sisters!


Sylvia flashes Esther a funny face. She has many.


Sylvia's caregivers come in after we've had some time alone, and talk to us about Sylvia's schedule.


Hooray! Sylvia claps for her Adoption Day!


Happy happy happy Mamma (and a VERY serious Sylvia!).

As we left, we walked by the room where Sylvia's caregivers were preparing to leave to go back to the orphanage in Johannesburg, and I saw them wiping away their tears. That was killer! What amazing ladies.


Happy Adoption Day, Sylvia! We love you!

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Welcome to your new family Sylvia! I can't wait to meet you!

Anonym sa...

GRATTIS till Sylvia!
Det syns i era ögon att det var kärlek vid första ögonkastet för er!

Lycka till med allt och njut av Sydafrika!

Guds välsignelse över er alla fyra
önskar familjen Widfeldt
(Maria, Fredrik, Melvin och Lilly)

Kicki sa...

Ni ser verkligen lyckliga ut! Det fullkomligen strålar av kärlek i era ögon, så underbart att se!
GLÄDJS med er. Sitter här och är alldeles tårögd av bilderna!

Var välsignade Alla 4 i familjen Lorentzon!!

KRAM!!

Anonym sa...

Grattis till hela familjen!

Roligt att se att det var Stephanie som tagit han dom Sylvia också! Det fick hon som kom med vår lilla "starfish" i november.

Riikka