We put down a new floor two weeks ago, and this week I have been painting the walls.
Esther's wall is bright green. One of the main colors of the South African flag is green, and she likes that color. Around her big girl bed I have hung up some fabric we bought in South Africa with African animals on it (because of her tendency to like to peel the wallpaper when she can't fall asleep!)
Sylvia's wall is bright yellow, one of the main colors of the Zimbabwe flag. You can see her bed waiting for her, with her photo on it so that Esther will know that the baby bed is not for big girl Esther anymore! Esther is excited that Sylvia is going to sleep "next to" her.
The other 2 walls are bright purple, the color for royalty, because they are African queens after all! Plus it's kind of girly. I also put up wall stickers of African animals on the closet doors.
The combo turned out nicely! When my parents come in September I am going to get my dad to paint the ceilings white, and then the room will be even brighter (and less '80's).
1 kommentar:
Så fint det blev, så mysigt för dej Esther att få sova med din lillasyster
Skicka en kommentar