We leave at 6 p.m. today from the Copenhagen airport, have a short flight to London, a short layover, and then a long flight to Johannesburg.
We'll arrive in Joburg on Friday morning at 9 a.m. their time, and will be picked up by the travel agent service we are using down there. Two years ago when it was time to get into the van I accidentally marched right up to the driver's side door of the van because they drive on the left/have their steering wheel on the right down there! It takes some getting used to. I remember too that I was totally zombied out during that 45 minute car ride because we had just spent the whole night on a plane, while I was at the same time trying to make pleasant conversation with our driver, who had quite a lot of interesting and helpful insights on South Africa.
I'm sure it will be the same kind of thing again this time. I can't imagine I'll get much sleep on the plane, but I sure am hoping Esther does. We know for sure she won't sleep on the first flight, but we're hoping that at some point she'll sleep as we fly from London to Johannesburg.
We have to stay the first night at a different guest house from the one we'll be spending the first week in, so I won't be able to unpack until Saturday morning.
We could only bring one checked bag per person, which was a huge challenge to make work. We also have one carry-on per person, plus a stroller.
I won't be updating the blog again until Saturday once we've arrived at our guest house.
I'm not anxious or excited or nervous yet. Mostly I'm focused on getting through the next 16 hours in the best way possible, with a maximum amount of sleep/rest and a minimum amount of whining!
maj 27, 2010
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
3 kommentarer:
Uhhh, rigtig god tur!
Det giver kriller i maven med tanke på, hvad der venter jer den næste tid. Det er jo endnu i så frisk erindring hos os.
jeg håber Esther sover sødeligt, så hun er udhvilet, når I kommer hjem!
Lørdag snupper vi to gange kastrup Lufthavn for at sige velkommen til dem som gør, at I først får lejligheden lørdag på AM ;-)
mange tanker til jer alle.
kh
May-britt
One word for you, girl. Medicate. Everyone. It helps!! I stocked up on Children's Gravol before we left. Smartest thing ever! And that's in my husband's words! Praying for you all!!
Wow! Finally, you're on your way!! :-)
Have a safe and nice trip, and thanks for sharing. It means the world during our waiting process :-)
Lill-Karin
Skicka en kommentar