maj 30, 2008

On location in Pretoria!

WE'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We left at 12:45 p.m. on Thursday and were picked up at the airport by a lady holding a "LORENTSSON" sign at 7:45 a.m. this morning (Friday). The flights from Copenhagen to London and from London to Johannesburg were fine...UNeventful, which is always good when talking about airports and flying. Niklas slept quite a lot but I couldn't get comfortable and had trouble sleeping. All of our bags made it just fine!

When we got here to Johannesburg the sun was was rising and we have clear blue skies...The weather is lovely...kind of like early Spring weather - sunny but a bit chilly, but you don't need a coat. The drive from Joburg to Pretoria where we are staying took about 40 minutes with no major traffic problems and we had a nice time talking to Martie, the lady who picked us up and who is arranging our different outings, etc. She is really nice! For all of you who asked me to tell her hello - I did! And she just loved hearing it!

She drove us to the guest house we will be staying at - Chancellour's Court - and our room is REALLY nice...better than I expected. They had already set up the cutest little crib in preparation for Esther! We have a little kitchenette and a balcony. There are other adoptive families staying here, but not as many as usual...Sometimes there are like 6 or 7 adoptive families from all over Europe that all stay in the same guest house, but these next 2 weeks there are only 2 or 3...Just seems to be a "down time" in all the paperwork involved in getting a baby ready for adoption. But we are REALLY hoping that some of our Swedish friends get the phone call TODAY so that we can meet them in two weeks!

We are going to meet with a representative from Abba Adoptions in a couple of hours and she is going to go through some info about our three week stay here. After that we are going to explore!

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

xxoo from Nai Nai

Anonym sa...

Yay! You're there! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Anonym sa...

So glad things are going so smoothly! I hope to hear a little bit about the other families in your house.

Anonym sa...

P.S. My Mom says to send her love and tell you she's praying for you. (And told me to stop making her cry at work by sending your blog updates *lol*)

Beth sa...

YAYYYYY!!! I'm glad you have sunny weather! I know you can't wait until Monday! I bet you just want to get there and see her! What are you going to do this weekend?

Anonym sa...

Katie and Niklas, I'm so glad you made it safely and in good spirits!

Your digs for the next few weeks look lovely!

I have been thinking of you and praying for your whole family often today, and I'll keep praying for you especially during your first weeks together!