I kind of just said that you "shower the baby" with gifts - even though the main person isn't present at their own party...yet another of our strange (but wonderful!) American traditions.
Some of our church family.
This blog is about our THREE daughters adopted from South Africa: a Zulu, a Shona, and a Xhosa!
3 kommentarer:
ok so you know I am not big on pink...in fact, I pray God answers my wishes on only having boys....BUT the long sleeve onsie with the GIraffes is WAYYYYYYY cute!!!!! :)
My favorites are the pink and black giraffes and the multi-pastel African animal outfits! I think dressing her would be one of the most fun things about having a daughter!
It's great that you got to celebrate with your church family and friends. What do Swede's do when someone gets married or has a baby? I can't imagine NOT giving gifts or having showers...
That lime dessert looks YUMMY!
I'm so happy you have a little girl! I pray that she squeals with delight whenever she is excited about things in life! :) Pink! Pink! Pink! I loooove pink!!! :)
And, yes, it is a baby/bridal shower because of that which you stated. Plus, many times baby showers are thrown after the baby has arrived. :)
Skicka en kommentar