We haven't written very much here yet because we simply haven't had the time!
There has been so much to do, both here at home and at work, that these 2 weeks have flown by.
On Monday Niklas took his students canoeing, and it just happened to be the one day in an otherwise sunny month of May that it poured down rain all day. They all got soaked.
I have had 2 insane weeks at work, where the stress level on a scale of 1 to 10 is approximately 8,592. Some mornings I have started at 6:45 just to get stuff done.
The weekend was packed with a baby shower on Saturday and a guest speaker at church who had 2 meetings and one leader meeting. God really drew near to me this weekend and I had moments when I could really prepare my heart for what is coming.
I have packed one suitcase with donations for the orphanage, one suitcase with donations for soccer teams, one suitcase with everything we will need for Esther, and one suitcase with our clothes. Yesterday I exchanged some money to get South African Rands, and today and tonight we will be taking care of Vernon one last time until July.
We go to bed before 10 each night and have no problem falling asleep, but once we wake up in the mornings (usually very early because of the sunshine) we can't fall back to sleep again because our brains are spinning.
I am going to take tomorrow off, even though the flight out of Copenhagen isn't until 4 p.m., just to make sure we have all we need and to do some last minute stuff. It would be a miracle if we don't forget something! But some things are more important than others.
Back to work!
maj 28, 2008
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
4 kommentarer:
Lycka till på resan! Enya vinkar och säger "hejej" åt lilla Esther på bilden :-)
I pray for a safe flight and a beautiful, wonderful, and enjoyable time in South Africa. I'm just so excited to see pictures of Esther and the "new" Lorentzon family! I'm quite envious of the Safari you get to take, though I'm sure for you, that will hardly be the most exciting part of your trip. Have a great birthday in South Africa with your new daughter (you'll be returning on my birthday, by the way).
LOVE YOU GUYS! God bless!
Amber
Have safe flights and enjoy the journey of your lives!
Oj, har ni fortsatt att jobba så mycket?!! Jag planerar att ta ledigt när vi får barnbeskedet eller åtminstone en av de två veckorna. Vi har inte hört något från AC än, hoppas att de ringer snart så att vi kan ses IRL! Ha en trevlig resa och njut av Sydafrika och framför allt av att få vara mamma, pappa, BARN! :-) Kram, B-M
Skicka en kommentar