
We found the world's coolest gift shop in the Johannesburg airport, called "Out of Africa", with really awesome stuff - a tip for families who will be travelling SOON!

If you looked up the definition of "exhausted" in the dictionary, you would find this picture...
This was taken during our five hour layover in London...I am not sure how I even got my brain to figure out which button to push to take the photo.

We had extra luggage with us on the way home - her name was Esther!

Our friends had a surprise welcome home party for us...It was Midsummer's Eve, after all!

Esther is probably thinking, "I am really going to stick out in this land full of blondes!"

Esther's first Swedish fika experience...
She really liked the strawberry mouse & chocolate dessert that Aunty Malin made for her!

Bathtime!

First breakfast at home.
No coffee for Esther.......yet!

All of this finally became REALLY real to me for the first time when I got up this morning and saw that there was a little baby girl sleeping in the crib that been empty for SOOOOO long.
And that baby girl is our daughter, our star, our gift from God. Interestingly enough it didn't really hit me until then, when I saw her in our own home, safe in her own bed, contented to be with us as her family. Wow!
5 kommentarer:
Hej och välkomna hem!!!!!!!!!!!
Ja, när man kommer hem och får lägga sitt EGET barn i sin EGNA säng - då fattar man! Denna gång var jag inte bara barnvakt! Nu är det livet ut!!!!
Ha en skön skön familjesommar!
mvh mor med tre goa Sydafrikafödda barn.
Jag brukar inte tycka om att se mig själv på bild(även om jag fått vänja mig på den här bloggen) men bilden när Esther och jag har somnat tillsammans på Londons flygplats ler jag åt... (och ja, jag är medveten om att jag inte sett en rakapparat på för lång tid, det är åtgärdat nu).
Tusen takk for at me fekk delta gjennom bloggen på den store reisa dåkas! Tårene har trilla gjevnt når eg har lest! I glede over Esther som har fått to flotte foreldre og dåke som har fått ei hærlig jente.
Kos dåke heime no og nyt den svenske sommaren!
Klem
So glad you're settled in at home now. I wish I was there!
That picture of Niklas and Esther sleeping in the airport is just adorable.
Awww... Congratulations on having your baby HOME finally!
Skicka en kommentar