juni 07, 2010

Visiting 2 orphanages in one day

We took a long car ride to a suburb of Joburg to visit Sylvia's orphanage (Door of Hope – Glenvista). It is a large home with a big back yard and lots of lovely workers and volunteers. We found out that Sylvia had a best friend here who was nearly the exact same age. They slept in the same room, always took baths together and played together. Unfortunately I didn't get many photos, only video, because Esther wasn't feeling well and I had to hold her the whole time, so I missed the photo of Sylvia and her friend together. They were too cute! It's in the video, though.

Sylvia hung onto Pappa and looked around.


Then we drove by the hospital where Sylvia was born. It was in a very poor area, surrounded by shantytowns and the hospital was not in very good shape.


Then we drove through downtown Joburg to get to Esther's orphanage so she could visit again.

You can see one of the World Cup stadiums.


Esther is from Door of Hope – Berea. Unfortunately she wasn't feeling well today either and was in The Worst Mood Ever when we got there, so her former caregivers didn't get to see Esther's best side.



There were lots of teeeeeny tiiiiiiny ittttty bittttty babies there waiting to get healthy enough and old enough to go to their Forever Families!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Ooh! I recognize at least one of the caregivers; she was wearing a fur coat last time. I bet that was pretty cool for them to get to see Esther again.